enpact e.V. is looking for a full-time Digital Communications Specialist (with a focus on Multimedia Journalism) to join our international team!
The Berlin-based non-profit organization enpact was founded in 2013 with the aim of empowering entrepreneurs, ecosystems and international cooperation.
enpact is one of the world leaders in the cultivation of startup ecosystems as a means to promote international cooperation and development. Through a variety of products and services, enpact supports founders and startups in Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. The goal is to create a global network of startup ecosystems that facilitates the exchange of ideas, solutions and support.
At present, enpact’s network consists of 1.000+ startups, 300+ mentors and 50+ support organisations in 20+ countries. 5.000+ jobs have been created as a result of enpact’s work with startups.
This position is based in Berlin and works closely with management and the AsiaBerlin team at enpact. In this position, you will lead writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content presentation for the AsiaBerlin activities. You will develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. Within your role, you will also provide leadership that encourages excellence and assists in the smooth operation of the organization, and maintain a deep level of familiarity with relevant issues, newsmakers, and current events. In addition, you will also be responsible for participating in promotional activities including public appearances and special projects.
The ideal fit for this role has 5+ years of work experience in comparable positions and therefore has meaningful experience – especially in multimedia journalism, digital content management, and entrepreneurship. She/he already comes with a relevant press and media network and ideally has been exposed to international development cooperation and entrepreneurship.
So, how will the role look like?
- You will be an endless fountain of creative ideas.
- You naturally find relevance in what seems mundane and can spot narrative hooks wherever you look.
- You have the ability to shepherd that idea from initial concept through creative development and production.
- Communication skills: Write in an exciting, captivating, authentic manner, producing news stories that are unique and engaging. Developing great ideas is an important part of the job, but the real magic comes in the thoughtful way you can bring those ideas to life.
- Technical skills: Use photography & videography editing software to tell compelling stories.
- Creativity: Develop story ideas; write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air/live broadcasting; use graphics and new forms of media, such as webcam interviews and viewer-contributed pictures. We’re looking for creatives, not content farmers. Clear communication (and a great attitude) is key.
- Precision: Deliver on-air/live news updates in an accurate, engaging manner for relevant audiences. Highly effective on-air performance, excellent news judgment, and extensive knowledge of international current events in tech/entrepreneurship with a focus on the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Asia