Do you want to join us in empowering entrepreneurship across emerging markets?
Are you a motivated and experienced full stack developer that can technically lead our freshly built distributed tech team?
We are building an app that supports our COVID-19 Relief Programs for startups in the global south. The program supports the COVID-struck businesses with funds, learning opportunities and mentorship.
Modules to be built include: multi-stakeholder voting, LMS, community platform, mentor-matching, fund tracking and reporting.
As Lead Developer, you will organize a small team of 3-6 developers, distribute workload, align with the product owner and set best practices as well as architectural decisions together with the management.
Full Stack Lead Developer w/m/d
- Work with our tech team, freelancers and product owners to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Check developers code for quality and correctness
- Solve logic/math problems
- Write clean, functional code on front- / back-end and middleware
- Coordinate Dev-Ops
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write/coordinate technical documentation
- Work with data and analytics to improve software
- Firebase (and Google Cloud)
- React / React Native
- Podio / GlobiFlow
- HTML/CSS (Bootstrap)
- 3+ years of experience in leading tech teams and Full Stack Developer role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Deep knowledge and experience in building cloud-based applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (Firebase, CouchDB, elastic search), web servers and UI/UX design
- Ability to establish ‘best practices’ as well as guide/mentor junior team members
- Ability to communicate with non-technical team members
- Good self-organizer, autonomous fire-and-forget missile 😉
- Analytical thinker with an open-minded attitude
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Tax residency inside the EU
Nice to haves:
- Strong interest in technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- Understanding “startup talk and needs”
- Detail-oriented, Learner’s mindset, positive work ethic, a sense of humor
- Used to (and comfortable with) remote-work as well as office-work
- If you are located in Bali assist in setting up a local office for our tech team
enpact is a Berlin-headquartered non-profit organization empowering entrepreneurs, ecosystems and international cooperation. enpact is one of the world leaders in the cultivation of startup ecosystems as a means to promote international cooperation and development. Through a variety of products and services, enpact supports founders and startups in Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. The goal is to create a global network of startup ecosystems that facilitates the exchange of ideas, solutions and support. At present, enpact’s network consists of 2500+ startups, 600+ mentors and experts, and 150+ support organizations in 30+ countries. 10,000+ jobs have been created as a result of enpact’s work with startups.
We are operating more like a startup than a traditional NGO using OKRs, agile project management methodologies and platforms to run our operations across world regions. enpact has currently around 50 employees and has arrived at a point where the projects get into a size that is not further manageable without technology, thus setting up a tech team to support the organization with apps and web-apps for their programs and internal use. Currently, the tech-team consists of 3 devs (two in Indo and 1 in Germany) and should grow to 5-6 this year.
– Welcoming you to our lovely enpact family, which is shaping society
– Flat hierarchies, dynamic working style
– Compensation in line with German standards
– Offices in Berlin, Jakarta, Cairo and Ghana, out of which you can work
– Remote work possible, too
– Autonomy and flexible working hours
– Co-Working Membership can be discussed
Are you interested? – Application Process
- Fill out these questions including a short introduction video
- Internal screening
- Interview with manager(s) via video call
We don‘t want your cover letter. We want to see you in action. Please record a 2-3min video to introduce yourself and tell us why you are interested in leading our tech team, what’s your style and background.