The Four fellows shared their success with the program’s partners in a virtual graduation ceremony!
Over the eight-month duration of the program, the fellows learned how to develop needs-based solutions based on the Stanford Biodesign Methodology. Putting down roots in the med-tech industry, they now continue their entrepreneurial journeys equipped with knowledge while adopting an innovative design thinking style.
In a virtual event hosted by RISE and EIT Health, we had the pleasure of sharing the excitement of celebrating the fellows’ graduation. They presented their roadmap over the course of the program, along with results that showcased a holistic, needs-based approach.
The Clinical Innovation Fellowships 2021 is an eight-month innovation scholarship starting April 2021. It provides participants the opportunity to work in a transdisciplinary team following the Stanford Biodesign methodology. The program is arranged by enpact e.V., RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, and EIT Health. The program includes:
- Clinical Immersion period of 6-8 weeks in a dedicated healthcare organization
- Expert lectures and workshops throughout duration of program
- Mentoring by leaders from healthcare, venture capital and medtech industry
- Support: Reference groups, coaches, mentors and team experts
- Monthly stipend for selected participants
Aim of the program:
- Generate commercially viable innovations based on validated healthcare needs that can benefit the host organization and/or the healthcare system as a whole
- Grow a multidisciplinary network of fellows in the healthcare landscape
- Educate clinical innovation fellows with a deep understanding of healthcare and the Medtech industry
Who’s the program for?
The program is targeting professionals and aspiring entrepreneurs who want to contribute to Global Health and take part in leading MedTech development.
You should have a background in one of the following disciplines:
- Business development (or closely related)
- Medicine (includes any healthcare profession)
- Design (Product/Service/UX)
- Tech development (Engineer or similar)
The application process:
For the 2021 Clinical Innovation Fellowships, 4 participants will be selected in total, to form a team, one from each of the above disciplines: business, design, engineering, and medicine.
Starting June 2021, the four fellows were introduced to the Stanford Biodesign Methodology, followed by a six-week clinical immersion experience where they collected on-ground observations, to ultimately develop needs-based solutions that can enhance healthcare services.