The Train the Mentor program offers an in-depth understanding of mentoring and how it differs from coaching or consulting.
In this context, participants learn all the necessary tools, receive theoretical input, and apply them in practical exercises to learn the methods and best practices of mentoring, but also get a clearer understanding of their role in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
It consists of four half-day workshops that take place in Dakar over a period of four months. Workshops can also be organized online or in hybrid form in case of public health issues and travel restrictions.
Train the Mentor graduates can then, depending on location and availability, apply their newly acquired skills to support the activities of our partner PESEREE.
Below is an overview of the planned program, which is adapted according to the needs and profile of the selected participants.
Theoretical contribution on:
- Mentor versus coach: key concepts, differences and similarities;
- Role of the mentor;
- General business issues and challenges (especially for cleantech entrepreneurs);
Tools & exercises:
- Mentoring techniques;
- Value Proposition and Business Model Canvas;
- Objectives/Key Results (OKR);
- Active Listening;
- Behavioural psychology;
- Thinking impartially and asking the right questions;
- Mastering the challenges between mentor and mentee;
- Horizontal mentoring;
- Identifying and developing a mentoring project plan;