Are you passionate about startups, working with people and building communities?
Do you want to join us in empowering entrepreneurship across East Africa?
We are searching for a talented and motivated Project Coordinator to support with the organisation of our accelerator programme in East Africa. The program focuses on social and environmental solutions within the tourism space.
As the Project Coordinator, you should be well-organised and possess a sound knowledge about the local startup ecosystem. Excellent communication and attention to detail skills are vital in this role, as our success depends on meeting our partner’s tailored requirements.
- Support planning and coordination of the accelerator programme and its activities
- Liaise with partners in the local ecosystem, mentors and other stakeholders before and during the programme
- Coordinate workshops and events for the program
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes
- Book venues, catering, photographers, and communicate with partners
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings, and ability to research and secure venues
- Maintain programme budgets
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
- Creating effective communication and promotional materials for each event
- Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios
- Strong interest and experience in the discourse around technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- Understanding “startup talk and needs”
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Independent, detail-oriented & open-minded
- Learner’s mindset, strong work ethic, a sense of humor
- At least 3 years experience within the field
- Knowledge about the startup ecosystems in East Africa is very important for the position
- Knowledge within the tourism sector is a plus (not a requirement)
enpact is a Berlin-headquartered non-profit organisation empowering entrepreneurs, ecosystems and international cooperation. enpact is one of the world leaders in the cultivation of startup ecosystems as a means to promote international cooperation and development. Through a variety of products and services, enpact supports founders and startups in Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. The goal is to create a global network of startup ecosystems that facilitates the exchange of ideas, solutions and support. At present, enpact’s network consists of 600+ startups, 200+ mentors and 50+ support organisations in 20+ countries. 2500+ jobs have been created as a result of enpact’s work with startups.
- Welcoming you to our lovely enpact family, which is shaping society
- Flat hierarchies, dynamic working style
- Attractive compensation in line with industry standards
- Full-time Feb./Mar. to Aug.
- Location flexible in East Africa
Are you interested? – Application Process
- Record your introduction video*
- Fill in this form >>>
- Phone screening
- Interview with manager(s) via video call
*We don‘t want your cover letter. We want to see you in action. Please record a short 60 – 90 seconds video to introduce yourself and tell us why you want the job.
Upload your video as “unlisted“ on YouTube and send us the link along with your CV.
Please complete the form, if you have any questions or troubles write us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Application for Project Coordinator, East Africa)