enpact e.V. is looking for a Project Associate to join our international team, with a special focus on managing communities and events!
Are you interested in supporting the development of a growing NGO working at the intersection of international cooperation and entrepreneurship?
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Languages: English & Arabic,
- Start date: March 2024,
- Working hours: Full-time,
- Duration: Project-based contract until the end of March 2025, possible extension depending on the project.
Your main responsibility will be coordinating, managing, and implementing activities within a project focused on empowering inclusion in employment for persons with disabilities in Egypt.
- Supporting the recruitment and selection of participants,
- Assisting with outreach and overall program’s partnerships,
- Support with business and technical development of participants and stakeholders,
- Executing on-ground/virtual events including event logistics, coordination, management and supporting promotion and coverage,
- Planning and overseeing online workshops and training sessions.
- Supporting overall project management team in Egypt.
Our ideal candidate has working experience with managing and coordinating different projects, with a special focus on event execution. Ideally, within the entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems through incubators, accelerators, and other types of support organizations for MSMEs.
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in project management/coordination,
- You have a background in, understanding of or experience in working on projects supporting inclusion and accessibility for persons with disabilities in Egypt,
- Experience in workshop organizing, curriculum development, and online and offline events,
- Experience in building and managing an active/engaged community,
- You have experience in creating and moderating online community spaces,
- You have experience in scouting, acquiring, and onboarding outreach and community partners,
- You have experience and understanding of the type of communication styles required for diverse stakeholders and different cultural backgrounds,
- You are open to challenges and a diverse range of tasks,
- You are proactive, self-driven and bring along a hands-on mentality,
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office and similar applications, project management tools such as Asana and open to learning other software tools to improve productivity,
- You are a team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a range of different cultural backgrounds,
- You are fluent in English and Arabic (Native Arabic, Advanced English),
- Bonus: You have an understanding of the needs of MSMEs and the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Egypt.
Our work environment
- Meaningful projects in support of innovative entrepreneurs in emerging economies that are working to create social, environmental and economic impact,
- Diverse business support activities, development cooperation, and international projects in collaboration with high-profile donors and partners,
- Dynamic work environment and a young, international, and diverse team,
- Flexible working hours & supportive work atmosphere at our office in Startup Haus Cairo in Zamalek.
Are you interested?
To apply, please fill out this form until the 15th of February. You will typically hear back from us within two weeks of receiving your application. If there’s a good match, we will schedule a half-hour getting-to-know-you interview, followed by an asynchronous small task (under 1 hour). All in all, the process can take between 2-4 weeks.
If you have questions regarding the position or the role itself, please reach out to our colleague Rawan Bassam, at email@example.com.
The non-profit organization enpact was founded in 2013 with the goal of empowering entrepreneurship in the context of international economic cooperation.
We work with entrepreneurs and support organizations across all development stages. Our approach is designed to facilitate quick and efficient access to the crucial resources needed for the sustainable growth of any business: financial support, training, mentoring, and network development.
enpact is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with regional offices in Egypt and Moldova.
At present, enpact’s network consists of more than 3,200 businesses supported, 1,100 mentors and experts, and 200 partner organizations in over 30 countries. Over 15,000 jobs have been created or preserved as a direct result of 40 projects implemented by enpact.