enpact e.V. is looking for a Project Associate to join our international team, with a special focus on managing communities and events!
Are you interested in supporting the development of a growing NGO working at the intersection of international cooperation and entrepreneurship?
Your main responsibility will be coordinating, managing, and implementing activities within a project in Cairo, Egypt focused on providing support for businesses in the ideation stage. The sectors covered in the program are Health, Agriculture, Tourism, and Creative industries. The role includes the recruitment and selection of participants, assisting with outreach and overall program’s partnerships, support with business and technical capacity building of participants, executing on ground/virtual events (training, networking and pitch events) and supporting overall project management in Egypt.
Our ideal candidate has working experience with managing and coordinating different projects. Ideally, within the entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems through incubators, accelerators, and other types of support organizations for SMEs.
- From February 2023
- Project-based contract until the end of December 2023, with possible extension depending on the project
- Full-time basis
- Based in Cairo, Egypt, with some traveling possibilities
- At least 3 years of working experience in project management/coordination.
- Background experience in any of these sectors Business/Health/Tourism/creative industries/Agriculture.
- Experience in workshop organizing, curriculum development, and online and offline events
- Experience in building and managing an active/engaged community
- Experience in creating and moderating online community spaces
- Experience in scouting, acquiring and onboarding outreach and community partners.
- Awareness of the communication style for diverse stakeholders and different cultural backgrounds.
- Understanding of SMEs and their environment is an asset.
- An eye towards continuous improvement
- Openness to challenges and diverse tasks
- You are proactive and bring along a hands-on mentality
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office and similar applications, project management tools such as Asana and don’t fear learning other software programs.
- You are a team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a range of different cultural backgrounds.
- You are fluent in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of the business environment in Egypt.
Our work environment
- Meaningful projects in support of innovative entrepreneurs in developing countries and emerging economies
- Diverse business support activities, development cooperation, and international projects in collaboration with high-profile donors and partners
- Dynamic work environment and a young, international, and diverse team
- Flexible working hours & supportive work atmosphere at our office in Startup Haus Cairo.
Are you interested?
Please write something that tells us why we’re a good fit for each other and send it along with your resume on the application form here. You will typically hear back from us within two weeks of receiving your resume. If we think you may be a good match, we will schedule a half-hour getting-to-know-you interview, followed by a small asynchronous task (under 1 hour). All in this process can take between 2-6 weeks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Shaimaa Emam <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Applications are open until Sunday, the 9th of April
The non-profit organization enpact was founded with the goal of empowering entrepreneurship in the context of international economic cooperation.
We work with entrepreneurs and support organizations across all development stages. Our approach is designed to facilitate quick and efficient access to the crucial resources for sustainable growth: financial support, training, mentoring and network development.
Since 2013, the organization has grown to over 40 employees. Currently, we are operating in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America.