The Tourism Recovery Programme is a training, mentoring and financial support program designed for travel & tourism entrepreneurs in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya to build resilient, sustainable tourism businesses and take steps towards recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tourism Recovery Programme
Direct financial support to your team to sustain your operations through the challenges of the pandemic
Virtual Learning Programme
On Resilience, Innovation, Sustainability & Digital Transformation
1-on-1 mentoring with TUI Group & Global Tourism experts
Access to Market
Support with global expansion and facilitating collaboration with German/European markets
Access to an international network of entrepreneurs, business leaders, tourism experts, coaches and investors
Tools & Resources
Curated tools, guides, podcasts, videos, and articles to support your journey through our platform
You are eligible to apply if:
- 3 key team members will participate and commit to the programme per business, among them at least one (co-)founder or legal representative (You will need to prove legal representation)
- Your business was legally registered in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya between Jan 2010 and Dec 2019 (You will need to prove registration)
- Your business was revenue-generating within 18 months before March 2020 and has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (halted operations, employment loss, revenue loss, client loss, etc.)
- Your business displays a need for immediate financial support as well as ability to benefit from training and mentoring
- The business has an innovative component or approach in travel and tourism; this includes technological, environmental, and social innovations
- The business is locally owned and operates independently
- Your business model is directly or indirectly supported by collaborations between your business and the European market. These collaborations include but are not limited to current or past partnerships, projects/initiatives, trips/experiences, clients, customers, suppliers, service providers, or supporters
- In the selection of participants, additional consideration will be given to encourage diversity and inclusion
We are aiming to support tourism & travel entrepreneurs in the following sectors:
- Food & Beverage
- Destination Management Company
- Recreation, culture & sporting facilities
- Tech & Consultancy (booking platforms, travel portals, support platforms, consultancy firms, agencies, events management)
- Tour operators (experience & Adventure tourism, community & local tourism, educational tourism, entertainment tours)
- Transportation, booking & logistics
- Other services in the tourism supply chain
Thank you for your interest in the programme!
Applications are now closed. Please check your e-mail to follow up on the status of your application and to find out if you qualify for the next round of selection. We are currently in the 3rd and final round of selection, if you qualify for this round, you will receive an interview invitation. Check your inbox for the link to your personal dashboard to follow up on the status of your application in real time.
Here are some tips for your Round 2 application:
- You can only submit once! There’s no option to save an application draft, which is why we recommend you download and prepare the application questions in a word document before starting the survey to save you time and effort.
- Start early! Avoid last-minute technical problems by submitting your Round 2 application well before the deadline (The sooner the better!)
- If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ sheet for questions about program content, legalities, financials, commitment, expectations, and more!
Here are some tips for your Round 3 interview:
- Make sure that you have your pitch deck and financial documents ready on hand to provide clarifications about your business.
- The interview is 30 minutes long, keep your answers concise and prioritize the key information that makes your business unique.
- Make sure that your internet connection is stable and that your camera and mic are on and operational.
If you are having trouble following up on the progress of your application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note this is the only official channel of communication to receive timely application support.