The Tourism Recovery Programme is a training, mentoring and financial support program designed for travel & tourism entrepreneurs in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya to build resilient, sustainable tourism businesses and take steps towards recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tourism Recovery Programme
How does the programme support you?
Direct financial support to your team to sustain your operations through the challenges of the pandemic
Virtual Learning Programme
On Resilience, Innovation, Sustainability & Digital Transformation
1-on-1 mentoring with TUI Group & Global Tourism experts
Access to Market
Support with global expansion and facilitating collaboration with German/European markets
Access to an international network of entrepreneurs, business leaders, tourism experts, coaches and investors
Tools & Resources
Curated tools, guides, podcasts, videos, and articles to support your journey through our platform
The Tourism Recovery Programme supports businesses that fulfill the following requirements:
- 3 key team members will participate and commit to the programme per business, among them at least one (co-)founder or legal representative (You will need to prove legal representation)
- Your business was legally registered in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya between Jan 2010 and Dec 2019 (You will need to prove registration)
- Your business was revenue-generating within 18 months before March 2020 and has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (halted operations, employment loss, revenue loss, client loss, etc.)
- Your business displays a need for immediate financial support as well as ability to benefit from training and mentoring
- The business has an innovative component or approach in travel and tourism; this includes technological, environmental, and social innovations
- The business is locally owned and operates independently
- Your business model is directly or indirectly supported by collaborations between your business and the European market. These collaborations include but are not limited to current or past partnerships, projects/initiatives, trips/experiences, clients, customers, suppliers, service providers, or supporters
- In the selection of participants, additional consideration will be given to encourage diversity and inclusion
The Tourism Recovery Programme supports tourism & travel entrepreneurs in the following sectors:
- Food & Beverage
- Destination Management Company
- Recreation, culture & sporting facilities
- Tech & Consultancy (booking platforms, travel portals, support platforms, consultancy firms, agencies, events management)
- Tour operators (experience & Adventure tourism, community & local tourism, educational tourism, entertainment tours)
- Transportation, booking & logistics
- Other services in the tourism supply chain
Thank you for your interest in the programme!
Selection has now been finalized. 315 tourism businesses across Egypt, Mexico, South Africa and Kenya have been onboarded to the Tourism Recovery Programme, which launched via a Global Kickoff event that took place on the 12th of August, 2021! Stay tuned on our website for announcements of the participants soon.
If you are having trouble accessing the results of your applications or you have any questions you’d like to address, please reach out to email@example.com Please note this is the only official channel of communication to receive timely application support.